PostgreSQL Certification Training
Viswa Online Trainings is one of the world’s leading online IT training providers. We deliver a comprehensive catalog of courses and online training for freshers and working professionals to help them achieve their career goals and experience our best services.
Our PostgreSQL was designed to run on UNIX-like platforms. In this we will look into the features of PostgreSQL and why it stands out among other relational database management systems. However, it was then evolved to be mobile so that it could run on other platforms such as Mac OS X, Solaris, and Windows. Enroll now and get certified in it.
PostgreSQL Training Course Syllabus
✔ A Brief History of PostgreSQL
✔ Getting Started
✔ Architectural Fundamentals
✔ Using the psql terminal based client
✔ Creating a Database
✔ Accessing a Database
✔ Creating a New Table
✔ Populating a Table With Rows
✔ Joins Between Tables
✔ Aggregate Functions
✔ Foreign Keys
✔ Window Functions
✔ Multicolumn Indexes
✔ Indexes and ORDER BY
✔ Combining Multiple Indexes
✔ Unique Indexes
✔ Indexes on Expressions
✔ Partial Indexes
✔ Setting up a Partial Unique Index
✔Operator Classes and Operator Families
✔Examining Index Usage
✔Full Text Search
✔ SQL Transaction Isolation Levels
✔ Read Committed Isolation Level
✔ Serializable Isolation Level
✔ Explicit Locking
✔ Table-Level Locks
✔ Table-level lock modes
✔ Conflicting lock modes
✔ Row-Level Locks
✔ Advisory Locks
✔ Using EXPLAIN
✔ PostgreSQL User Account
✔ Creating a Database Cluster
✔ Starting the Database Server
✔ Server Start-up Failures
✔ Client Connection Problems
✔ Shutting Down the Server
✔ Setting Parameters
✔ File Locations
✔ Preventing Server Spoofing
✔ Encryption Options
✔ Secure TCP/IP Connections with SSL
✔ Using client certificates
✔ SSL Server File Usage
✔ Creating a Self-Signed Certificate
✔ Connections and Authentication
✔ Connection Settings
✔ Security and Authentication
✔ Kernel Resource Usage
✔ Cost-Based Vacuum Delay
✔ Background Writer
✔ Asynchronous Behaviour
✔ Write Ahead Log
✔ Archiving/ Log shipping
✔ Query Planning
✔ Planner Method Configuration
✔ Planner Cost Constants
✔ Genetic Query Optimizer
✔ Other Planner Options
✔ Where To Log
✔ When To Log
✔ Message severity levels
✔ What To Log
✔ Using CSV-Format Log Output
✔ Run-Time Statistics
✔ Query and Index Statistics Collector
✔ Statistics Monitoring
|Live Instructor Based Training With Software|
|Lifetime access and 24×7 support|
|Certification Oriented content|
|Hands-On complete Real-time training|
|Get a certificate on course completion|
|Live Recorded Videos Access|
|Study Material Provided|
PostgreSQL Training - Upcoming Batches
Don't find suitable time ?
CHOOSE YOUR OWN COMFORTABLE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Live Virtual Training
Schedule your sessions at your comfortable timings.
Instructor-led training, Real-time projects
Complete set of live-online training sessions recorded videos.
Learn technology at your own pace.
Get access for lifetime.
Learn As A Full Day Schedule With Discussions, Exercises,
Practical Use Cases
Design Your Own Syllabus Based
PostgreSQL Training FAQ'S
Postgre SQL is an open-source object-relational database management system known as ORDBMS. It is known as Postgres or Postgre sql. In the SQL world, it is one of the most widely and popularly used for Object-Relational Database Management Systems mainly used in large web applications. It is a powerful database management system that provides additional and substantial power by incorporating four basic concepts so that the users can extend the system without any problem.
It uses the SQL language and extends its features to store the data securely. It supports the best practices and allows users to retrieve the data when the request is processed.
The most important features of Postgre SQL are as follows:
Area of Compatibility
- Postgre SQL is compatible with several operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, MacOS X, UNIX (AIX, BSD, HP-UX, SGI IRIX, Solaris, and Tru64), etc.
- It is compatible with various programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, Tcl, and ODBC (Open Database Connectivity).
Postgre SQL is compatible with multiple data types such as
- Structured data types, i.e., Array, Date and Time, UUID (Universally Unique Identifier), Array, Range, etc.
- Primitive data types, i.e., String, Integer, Boolean, Numeric, etc.
- Customization data types, i.e., Custom Types, Composite, etc.
- Geometry data types, i.e., Polygon, Circle, Line, Point, etc.
- Document data types i.e. XML, JSON/JSONB, Key-value, etc.
- Postgre SQL is highly extensible as it supports procedural languages such as Perl, PL/PGSQL, Python, etc.
- It is compatible with foreign data wrappers, which connect to further databases with a standard SQL interface.
- It supports JSON/SQL path expressions, stored procedures, and functions.
- It supports a customizable storage interface for a table.
Secure and Highly Reliable
Postgre SQL is safe and secure because of the following security aspects:
- Postgre SQL provides a robust access control system and several authentications such as Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSSAPI), SCRAM-SHA-256, Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI), Certificate, etc.
- It also supports column and row-level security.
- It is highly reliable as it provides disaster recovery such as active standbys and PITR (Point in time recovery).
- It supports WAL (Write-ahead Logging)
- It supports different types of Replication like Synchronous, Asynchronous, and Logical.
- It supports Internationalization, which includes ICU collations, accent-insensitive and case-sensitive collations, and full-text searches.
- It is compatible with ANSI-SQL2008.
- It can improve the functionality of Server-Side programming.
Advantages of PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL is available as an open-source license, so we can easily get the source code of PostgreSQL, immediately implement it, and change it according to our requirements.
- It is one of the easiest relational database management systems to learn, so users do not require much training before using it.
- It can execute dynamic web-application and websites as the LAMP stack option.
- PostgreSQL is a highly risk-tolerant database, widely used in large web applications.
- It requires easy and low maintenance management for enterprise and embedded usage.
- PostgreSQL is robust and powerful. That's why it is preferred for large-scale web applications.
Disadvantages of PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL does not support many open-source applications compared to the MySQL database.
- In PostgreSQL, creating replication is a bit complex which reduces its popularity.
- The speed and performance of PostgreSQL are not as good as compared to some other databases and tools.
- PostgreSQL is not maintained by one company. This may be one of its drawbacks.
- It is slower as compared to the MySQL database.
- It is not popular as MySQL, so the installation process is sometimes not easy for beginners.
Get ahead in your career by learning PostgreSQL through VISWA Online Trainings
- Numeric types
- Character types
- Temporal types
- Geometric primitives
- Arbitrary precision numeric
- Arrays etc.