Linux/Unix Shell Scripting Online Training
Viswa Online Trainings is one of the world’s leading online IT training providers. We deliver a comprehensive catalog of courses and online training for freshers and working professionals to help them achieve their career goals and experience our best services.
Shell Scripting understands the need for a quality training curriculum along with real-time implementation exposure as it forms the very essence of your future career in Linux Shell Scripting Certification. Our well-structured online training course in Linux Shell Scripting Training extensively covers all the core aspects of classes with an emphasis on live scenarios. Access to expert trainers and instructor-led training sessions ensures that you can easily clear your doubts and get the exact guidance that is expected from Shell Scripting Online Training sessions.
Shell Scripting Training Course Syllabus
✔ Sending message to Users
✔ Sending mails
✔ Checking mails
✔ Customize mails
✔ Head command
✔ Tail command
✔ Using grep
✔ Counting Words and Lines
✔ Basics of Awk
✔ Basics of Sed
✔ SED Features
✔ Exit Status
✔ Wild Cards
✔ The eval command
✔ The Command
✔ The type command
✔ The sleep command
✔ The find command
✔ The expr command
✔ The bc command
✔ Single Quotes
✔ Double Quotes
✔ Quoting Rules and Situations
✔ Defining Variables
✔ Unsetting Variables
✔ Environment Variables
✔ Global Variables
✔ Taking Input from user using read command
✔ Special Variables
✔ Options and Arguments
✔ Option Parsing in Shell Scripts
✔ The if Statement
✔ If-else Statement
✔ Nested If-else Statement
✔ The test Statement
✔ The case Statement
✔ Conditional executing
✔ Creating Functions
✔ Usage of functions
✔ Sharing Data between functions
✔ Until loop
✔ While loop
✔ For loop
✔ Select loop
✔ Loop Control
✔ Nullify unwanted output
✔ User Interface and dialog utility
✔ Using Shell colors
✔ The trap command
✔ The Shift command
✔ Debugging a script
✔ Making a binary file
|Live Instructor Based Training With Software|
|Lifetime access and 24×7 support|
|Certification Oriented content|
|Hands-On complete Real-time training|
|Get a certificate on course completion|
|Live Recorded Videos Access|
|Study Material Provided|
Shell Scripting Training - Upcoming Batches
Don't find suitable time ?
CHOOSE YOUR OWN COMFORTABLE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Live Virtual Training
Schedule your sessions at your comfortable timings.
Instructor-led training, Real-time projects
Complete set of live-online training sessions recorded videos.
Learn technology at your own pace.
Get access for lifetime.
Learn As A Full Day Schedule With Discussions, Exercises,
Practical Use Cases
Design Your Own Syllabus Based
Shell Scripting Training FAQ'S
A Shell is basically a command-line interpreter between user and kernel or a complete environment specially designed to run commands, shell scripts, and programs. In this, whenever a user enters human-readable commands (input commands) through the keyboard, the shell communicates with the kernel to execute these commands, and display output in a shell script. Just as there are different flavors of operating systems, there are also different types of shells. Every shell has its own set of commands and functions. Shells issue the prompt, $, called a command prompt. You can type into the prompt while it is displayed.
After you press enter, your input is read by the shell. Based on the first word of your input, it determines the command you want to run. The characters in a word are separated using spaces and tabs.
Shell scripts can be written for a variety of reasons:
- Keeping repetitive tasks to a minimum.
- Can be used by system administrators for routine backups.
- Monitoring the system.
- Adding new functions to the shell.
- Shell scripting allows you to create your own tools.
- System admin can automate daily tasks
Shell scripting offers the following benefits:
- An interactive debugging tool, as well as a quick start.
- Programmers need not change their syntax since both command and syntax are identical to those entered directly into the command line.
- Shell scripts are easy to use and quicker to write.
- It helps automate administrative tasks, so it is time-saving.
- As shell scripts are written in an interpreted language, they can be run without any additional effort on almost any modern operating system, including UNIX, Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X.
- They can be utilized for bulk execution rather than single instructions.
- Using it, you can develop your own custom operating system with relevant features.
- Software applications can be developed according to their respective platforms with this tool.
Shell scripting has the following disadvantages:
- Errors are frequent and costly, and a single error can alter the command.
- The execution speed is slow.
- Bugs or inadequacies in the language's syntax or implementation.
- Large, complex tasks aren't well suited to it.
- Contrary to other scripting languages, etc., it provides a minimal data structure.
- Every time a shell command is executed, a new process is launched.
Our Page: VISWA Online Trainings
A file called sh stores shell programs. Sh files contain commands written in a scripting language that is run by Unix shells.