SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) Online Training
Viswa Online Trainings is one of the world’s leading online IT training providers. We deliver a comprehensive catalog of courses and online training for freshers and working professionals to help them achieve their career goals and experience our best services.
Our SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) is an analytical data engine (VertiPaq) used in decision support and business analytics. It provides enterprise-grade semantic data models for business reports and client applications such as Power BI, Excel, Reporting Services reports, and other data visualization tools. Enroll now and get certified in it.
SSAS Training Course Syllabus
Core concept – BI is the cube or UDM
Example cube as seen using Excel pivot table
MSBI is comprehensive – more than Analysis Services on SQL Server
Demonstration of SQL Reporting Services with cube as data source
Understanding the development environment
Creating Data Sources and Data Source Views
Creating cubes – using Cube Build Wizard
Refining Dimensions and Measures in BIDS
Translations – cube metadata and currency localization
Actions – regular, drill-through and reporting
Storage topics – basic aggregations, MOLAP
Advanced Storage Design – MOLAP, ROLAP, HOLAP
Partitions – relational and Analysis Services partitions
Customizing Aggregation Design – Processing Design
Welcome to the Real-Time – Proactive Caching
Cube processing options
Using the MDX query editor in SQL Server Management Studio
Most-used Functions & Common tasks
New MDX functions
Adding calculated members
Adding named sets
|Live Instructor Based Training With Software|
|Lifetime access and 24×7 support|
|Certification Oriented content|
|Hands-On complete Real-time training|
|Get a certificate on course completion|
|Live Recorded Videos Access|
|Study Material Provided|
SSAS Training - Upcoming Batches
Don't find suitable time ?
CHOOSE YOUR OWN COMFORTABLE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Live Virtual Training
Schedule your sessions at your comfortable timings.
Instructor-led training, Real-time projects
Complete set of live-online training sessions recorded videos.
Learn technology at your own pace.
Get access for lifetime.
Learn As A Full Day Schedule With Discussions, Exercises,
Practical Use Cases
Design Your Own Syllabus Based
SSAS Training FAQ'S
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services (SSAS) delivers online analytical processing (OLAP) and data mining functionality for business intelligence applications. Analysis Services supports OLAP by letting us design, create, and manage multidimensional structures that contain data aggregated from other data sources, such as relational databases. For data mining applications, Analysis Services lets us design, create, and visualize data mining models that are constructed from other data sources by using a wide variety of industry-standard data mining algorithms.
Some of the key features are:
1. Ease of use with a lot of wizards and designers.
2. Flexible data model creation and management
3. Scalable architecture to handle OLAP
4. Provides integration of administration tools, data sources, security, caching, and reporting, etc.
5. Provides extensive support for custom applications
Our Page: VISWA Online Trainings
- In 2005 it's not possible to create an empty cube but in 2008 we can create an empty cube.
- A new feature in Analysis Services 2008 is the Attribute Relationships tab in the Dimension Designer to implement attribute relationship is complex in SSAS 2005
- We can create ONLY 2000 partitions per Measure Group in 2005 and the same limit of partitions is removed in 2008.
- OLAP stands for On-Line Analytical Processing. It is a capability or a set of tools that enables the end-users to easily and effectively access the data warehouse data using a wide range of tools like MICROSOFT EXCEL, REPORTING SERVICES, and many other 3rd party BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE TOOLS.
- OLTP is used for analysis purposes to support day-to-day business decisions and is characterized by less frequent data updates and contains historical data. Whereas, OLTP (On-Line Transactional Processing) is used to support day-to-day business operations and is characterized by frequent data updates and contains the most recent data along with limited historical data based on the retention policy driven by business needs.
A-DATA SOURCE contains the connection information used by SSAS to connect to the underlying database to load the data into SSAS during processing. A Data Source primarily contains the following information (apart from various other properties like Query timeout, Isolation, etc.):
- Server Name
- Database Name
- Impersonation Information
SSAS Supports both .Net and OLE DB Providers. Following are some of the major sources supported by SSAS: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, Teradata, IBM DB2, and another relational database with the appropriate OLE DB provider.